Saturday 25 June 2011

The Darkness

As I keep to myself and the evenings close
The loneliness inside me grows
The darkness surrounds me like a hooded cloak
The fear inside me has awoke
Staring out, but nothing stares back
Though eyes all around in silent attack
I close my eyes and try to hide
Prepare myself as the voices chide
I put my hands up in pointless defence
As the voices around me become intense
A whisper, a sneer, they wound and scar
They draw closer from where they were
I taste saltwater on my lips
My tears have slipped through my fingertips
I hear a sound escape from within me
It's unfamiliar, yet it sets me free
A circle of light, a minature dawn
The shadows dissolve, my soul is reborn
Awake, I stare around my room
It's filled with light
And gone is doom.









2011 © LH

No comments:

Post a Comment